[ltp] Problems with X on A30

Bradley, Paul linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:15:25 -0600

Sorry...I should have been more descriptive.  Upon the screen going
blank...Ctrl-Alt-Backspace does nothing.  I have tried to use the function
keys without success (Fn-F3).  I have even played with setting that makes
the screen (when booting) stretch across the whole display or making it
little in the middle.  I have not tried to ping the machine when this
happens.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Mayoff [mailto:mayoff@dqd.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 1:10 PM
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Subject: Re: [ltp] Problems with X on A30

+---------- On Jun 20, Bradley, Paul said:
>  - Upon booting, when the Xserver starts, the screen goes blank and the
> machine becomes unresponsive.

What do you mean by "unresponsive"?  Does it respond to pings?  Can you
log in remotely?  Have you tried using Ctrl-Alt-F1 to switch to a text
console?  Have you tried Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to kill the X server?

I find that sometimes when switching video modes or awaking from sleep,
my A30p's screen goes blank.  Pressing Fn-F3 twice fixes it.