[ltp] sound record on thinkpad 770

Gerald Timothy Quimpo linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
21 Jun 2002 12:27:43 -0400

--=-190Ws/QP+vehzVyZ0oK/

thank you adam.  i've got all those modules loaded.  but i *do*
suspend all the time.  i'll keep working at it, and figure out
how aumix works now... thanks.

i was actually trying to get recording working on windows under
win4lin.  but i'll have to keep that for last.  first i'll try
to get recording working using plain linux tools.  and win4lin
queries will go to the win4lin mailing list :)

thanks again.

tiger=20

On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 08:58, Adam Benjamin wrote:
> > i have a thinkpad 770 on Mandrake 8.2 (2.4.18-16mdk kernel=20
> > customized with win4lin and preempt patches).  sound works
> > fine (cs4232 and opl3 modules loaded and working in both
> > windows [under win4lin] and linux).
>=20
> I've got a 770E under RH 7.3 and no fancy patches (other than the RPM
> updates provided by RH.)
>=20
> The modules loaded seem to be:
>=20
> cs4232
> ad1848
> uart401
> sound
> soundcore
>=20
> I have found that under certain situations, in order to record
> properly, I need to:
>=20
> rmmod cs4232
> modprobe cs4232
>=20
> Recently (under 7.3) I also have to reset the sound settings via:
>=20
> /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
>=20
> (They'd previously been saved to that file.)
>=20
> I'm not sure why - and it's probably a RedHat'ish - but when I come
> back from suspend or from hibernation the volume on all devices has
> been zeroed and the modules aren't exactly happy.  To describe what I
> mean by "happy" - the sound stutters, and "aumix" shows the wrong list
> of devices.  (It will show something like Line{1,2,3} instead of Line1
> and Mic.)
>=20
> That's all the assistance I can offer, other than to say that it does
> work for me - although my configuration is a little different.
>=20
> Good luck,
>=20
> Adam Benjamin
>=20
>=20
--=20
Gerald Timothy Quimpo  tiger*quimpo*org gquimpo*sni*ph tiger*sni*ph

      The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.

--=-190Ws/QP+vehzVyZ0oK/

--=-190Ws/QP+vehzVyZ0oK/--