[ltp] IBM's ThinkPad/Linux support project being dropped

Cynthia Eliason linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 23:26:46 -0400

Keith Frechette wrote:
>Over the last 3 years I've had the pleasure of supporting the Linux
>community in its efforts to run Linux on IBM ThinkPad notebook computers.
>I've even had the experience of supporting IBM President Sam Palmisano and
>his team as he delivered his LinuxWorld NYC 2001 keynote address using a
>Linux-preloaded IBM ThinkPad T21. But, after 3 years, IBM has decided to
>no longer fund that project,

I'm told that when IBM was selling computers with OS/2 pre-loaded,
Microsoft put pressure on them and succeeded in stopping them.

I wonder why they are dropping this Linux project?

Cindy Eliason