[ltp] Please try using pci=biosirq

Matthew Davis linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:59:02 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Tom French wrote:

> I am too new , and do not know what is meant by append to lilo.conf.
> i can find lilo.conf, and edit it. but somehow , I think you mean something
> else.

In /etc/lilo.conf you will have a section that looks similar to

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18
	label=linux
	read-only
	root=/dev/hda5

Add a line to this such that it reads

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18
        label=linux
        read-only
        append="pci=biosirq"
        root=/dev/hda5

save, and run /sbin/lilo.  Then reboot.

You pass parameters to the kernel this way.  I have a whole list of them
eg

	append="hdc=cdrom,hde=ide-scsi,video=vesa:mtrr,ywrap"

HTH, Matt.

Dr M.J. Davis,                UQ Postdoctoral Fellow
Department of Physics,        email: mdavis@physics.uq.edu.au
University of Queensland,     ph   : +61 7 336 53420
St Lucia QLD 4072,            fax  : +61 7 336 51242
Australia.                    http://www.physics.uq.edu.au/people/mdavis/