[ltp] Power drainage on T21

ZeiMoT linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:24:05 +0200 (MEST)

On 25 Jun 2002, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> Not sure abou that.  I only ever boot when I am on AC power to try and
> limit the side-effects of speed changing (last booted on 23rd May) and I

What are the sideeffects of speed changing ?

On my R30 I get 1.5hrs of time when it's running with the most powersaving
options set, and no harddrive reads, all I did was to write some documents
in emacs (no save during the testing time). All seems to work well the
first hour and 20 minutes, the battery led was green. apm reported that
there was 44% left in the battery. Then, almost like someone chopped the
head of my battery, it dropped to 4% and broadcasted that it now was time
to save my work... So I did, and the battery led changed from green to
orange at 1hr 28 minutes. For fun I manually shut down my computer so I
got everything unmounted correctly without shutting down with the apm, and
waited. at 1hr 33 minutes the led began to flash in orange an half a
minute later the battery was completely drained.
This battery is new and the specifications tell me it is supposed to last
for 2 hrs. Is that 2hrs without any hardrive access and with maximum power
savings ? Well, either case it does not last for 2hrs.
Do you get the same feeling as I get? That the battery is not feeling
well, a mistake maybe in the making process?

Regards,

  -=< ZeiMoT >=-

 D a n i e l                                              /ei|\/|o |
 D a l e t h s s o n                                     /_  |  |  |