[ltp] hibernate

Dale P. Smith linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 08:18:22 -0400

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:52:54 -0700
David Margrave <davidma@eskimo.com> wrote:

> Does anyone here have hibernation working?  What's the performance like
> with 296 MB RAM to save/load?

I have a t21 with 256m of ram.  Hibernation takes about 30 seconds.
Well, actually I use "readysafe".  It's the only way to actually
hibernate from a program, I believe.

> How have you got your partitioning set up,i.e. whch partition is /,
> /boot, and the DOS FAT16 partition?  I recall that DOS wants to be one
> of the first if not the first, or maybe that was only if you were
> setting up win NT, and you had to hide any other partitions that would
> be before it.

hda1 is a trimmed down w2k partition that came with the machine.
hda2 is my linux /boot
hda3 is my extended partition
hda4 is FreeBSD

Except that actual space for the extended partition is at the end of the
disk, with the FreeBSD parition before it.

The extended partiton is carved up into 5gb chunks where my / file
system and other "playground" partitons are.

-Dale

--
Dale P. Smith
Senior Systems Consultant,      | Treasurer,