[ltp] Memory Module Question

Richard Griffith linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 20:20:39 -0400

Ray Mutzel wrote:

> Can anyone provide me with the maximum amount of
> memory I can install in a TP 360CSE and perhaps
> make a recommendation of same.  Thanks in advance
> for any and all responses.  I'd gladly consider used modules.

According to the spec sheet it has a max of 20M, which with 4M built in
would be as one 16M card. The HMM lists these options:
 Basic IC DRAM CARD (no parity)
  8MB 84G5725
  4MB 84G5724
 16MB 84G5726

The spec sheet also had this tidbit about memory compatibility:
 Memory from ThinkPad 350, 500, and 510Cs is NOT compatible in 360.
 IC Memory from ThinkPad 700, 720, 750, and 755 will work but without
parity.

As to a source, when I was looking for a similar module for a 750, I
ended up on ebay. Just had to keep looking every few days.

Hope this helps,
-Richard