R: [ltp] Memory Module Question

Luca Benelli linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 08:10:31 +0200

Well the original tech reference (I found a PDF) for the TP600 says it
accepts only up to 160 Mb RAM (32 onboard + 2 modules * 64) but it takes up
to 228Mb, probably because they didn't have 128Mb modules to test when it
first came out...
possibly the same happened in this case...

Bye, Luca

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: owner-linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com
[mailto:owner-linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com]Per conto di Shingo Tamaru
Inviato: sabato 29 giugno 2002 4.49
A: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Oggetto: Re: [ltp] Memory Module Question

Hi, Ray.

One guy seemed to successfully install 4MB+32MB=36MB total
into TP360PE which is supposed to take only upto 20MB total.

http://zurich.ai.mit.edu/hypermail/thinkpad/1998-02/0217.html

I assume 360CSE is quite similar to 360PE except for
some additional features. If you are brave enough,
you can try to insert a 32MB memory module into your
TP0360CSE.

Shingo