[ltp] notes on A30p

Charlie Hedlin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 08 Mar 2002 08:52:28 -0600

On my A30 2652-35U (only a 1400x1050 screen instead of the A30p
1600x1200) my modem and 802.11b are on the mini-PCI card, with my
ethernet on a communications daughter card (with an empty slot for the
bluetooth daughter card).

I have looked into the modem, and it is clearly not supported under
Linux.  Prior to integrating 802.11b they were including miniPCI cards
with ltmodems on them, which work quite well, but I use wireless far
more often than I would ever use a modem.

Has anyone looked into getting an external monitor to work as an
additional head like in XP?

Charlie