[ltp] Harddrive errors

James Hawtin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 10:42:37 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, Tilmann Singer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was a happy A20p owner for over a year now, until a few days ago
> after resuming the machine from suspended state I found the root

If it is "just" over a year, I suggest complaining about quality of the
machines they supply and they might do you work for free. Also if its a
"known" issue sometimes you can get the work done for free too. Check
there support knowledgebase so you go in armed with information.

I got an extra 64mb of ram on my old 770x cos they kept the machine for 1
month and did nothign with it... it had one bad pixel, which they consider
to be "fine". I complained and they just sent me the ram to get me to
shutup, and it worked I guess, but it does pay to complain.

James