[ltp] Linux on New Thinkpad A31p

David Grindrod linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:44:02 +0100

I am considering purchasing one of the new A31p Thinkpad laptops. Does
anyone have any advice on if or how well this will work with RedHat
Linux 7.2 or any other version of Linux for that matter. I am
particularly interested in if it will be possible to get the graphics
card to work with either XFree or XIG in the near future? The card is
a ATI Mobility FireGL 7800. I have not seen anything to say this is
supported eitrher on XFee86 or XIG. Does anyone have any info on when or
if this will be supported.

David Grindrod