[ltp] 380Z sound problem / missing /proc/bus/pnp

Jean-Philippe Jung (Home) linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:39:01 -0500

Hi,

Still working on sound problems on a TP380Z with Redhat 7.2. I still can't
get it work with kernel 2.4.18... I am following the path of pnp config in
order to solve that. So:

In order to use lspnp and setpnp, I compiled kernel 2.4.18 with PnP support
(Plug and Play configuration section: CONFIG_PNP=y CONFIG_ISAPNP=y) and used
kernel PCMCIA support. I end up with a working kernel & modules, but the
lspnp command returns "lspnp: /proc/bus/pnp not available". The setpnp
command is unavailable.

I then downloaded the pcmcia-cs-3.1.33, configured to support pnp, compiled
and installed. I now have both lspnp and setpnp command. But lspnp still
returns: "lspnp: /proc/bus/pnp not available".

Can someone tell me where I miss something. To lower traffic to the list,
write directly to me if you want copy of config. files for review, I'll post
a summary later.

Thanks,

Jean-Philippe.