[ltp] Slack install, getting close?

John Heim linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 08:49:54 -0600

Hello again,

I'm that blind guy who's trying to install Slackware ona TP 755ce.

I managed to partition the hard drive with a little help from my wife and
by doing a simultaneous install (via a serial console) on another machine.
Except for the partition sizes, I just did exactly the same thing on my
Thinkpad as I did on the other machine.

But now I'm stuck because I can't get Slack to recognize my PCMCIA network
card. And the help I found on the web is too complex to do w/o sight.

So I'm back to trying to enable the serial port so I can do a serial
console install. I catted /proc/interrupts and the serial port isn't listed
at all. Do I have to enable it through tpctl before it'll show up? Maybe
that's what it means to be disabled -- it doesn't have an interrupt.

--
John G. Heim
WiscINFO Customer Service Coordinator