[ltp] Periodic distro question

Robert Munro linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 03:54:43 -0800

Hmmm.  All distros have trade-offs and it would seem you've discovered
some of them.  Slackware is minimalist, but you have to configure a lot
by hand.  RedHat/Mandrake, Suse, and Debian each attempt easier
installation and configuration, but at the price of transparency,
installer/configurator code that doesn't handle unusual cases well, and
added layers of abstraction.  It's a dilemma that all distributions have
to face and attempt to resolve.  Have you looked at Sorcerer Linux?

Regards,
Robert