[ltp] USB mouse; XFree86; Screen blanking

Tom Rockwell linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:24:40 -0500

Hi,

I have a USB mouse that I'm using on my X21 with Xfree86 4.1.0-3.

This works great, and the mouse can even be hot plugged.

The ony issue is that using the mouse does prompt the computer to keep
the screen at full brightness or on.  The power management ignores the
mouse.  This isn't a huge problem - changing turning off the screen
dimming and blanking in the BIOS is a reasonable workaround.

However, I thought I'd ask if anybody knows of an actual fix?

Thanks,
Tom