[ltp] What NIC to buy for Linux/BSD compatibility? [TP i1400 ]

Eric Jorgensen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 19:36:02 -0600

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:25:21 -0700 (PDT)
alex kirmse <notzel1@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm looking to buy a new pcmcia card for my thinkpad
> i1412 running slackware 8.0. I wanted to know what
> recommendations you guys could give me and what I need
> to look out for. (OFFtopic: I also want to avoid
> compatibility issues with the *BSDs.)
>
> I'll probably buy one at ebay, they have a lot of
> cheap ones there.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

	It's really hard to find a pcmcia nic that doesn't work with linux.
Unfortunately, I don't know a single thing about bsd and pcmcia.

	David Hinds has a list of known cards for pcmcia at pcmcia-cs.sf.net - maybe
the bsd people have a similar list?

 - Eric