[ltp] What NIC to buy for Linux/BSD compatibility? [TP i1400 ]

James Holden linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 1 May 2002 09:55:05 +0100

Depends what you want from it really. You'll get better compatibility from
older, branded cards. If you only want 10MB, the 3com 3c589 is tried and tested
and can be had for next to nothing.

james

Quoting alex kirmse <notzel1@yahoo.com>:

> Hi,
> I'm looking to buy a new pcmcia card for my thinkpad
> i1412 running slackware 8.0. I wanted to know what
> recommendations you guys could give me and what I need
> to look out for. (OFFtopic: I also want to avoid
> compatibility issues with the *BSDs.)
>
> I'll probably buy one at ebay, they have a lot of
> cheap ones there.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

James Holden, Leeds, United Kingdom
james-at-microcosmos.co.uk
In a world without boundaries, who needs Gates?