[ltp] T22 and the hidden partition

David Illsley linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
03 May 2002 16:29:36 +0100

Hi all,

I have a T22 which came with windows and the recovery for it on a hidden
partition on the hard disk. I now use linux and I'd quite like the space
taken up by the partition to allow me to have a dual boot. IBM in their
wisdom decided not to give me a CD with the stuff on it so the disk is
my only source. Should something go wrong with windows I'll need it to
reinstall.

Does anyone know is its possible to use mkisofs to create an ISO of the
partition which will boot when burned to a CD as if it was coming off
the hard disk??

Thanks,

David Illsley