[ltp] A22p crashes on resume from suspend - Help!

Vivek linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 5 May 2002 02:01:11 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 5 May 2002, Richard Neill wrote:

> > Put some debugging statements in the apm scripts - make sure all the
> > modules that might go squiffy on suspend (eg sound) are being unloaded
> > properly, and make sure 'ignore apm while on AC' isn't set.
> >

> Thank you very much for your help. Sorry to be a newbie, but I'm not
> entirely sure how to do any of these things. Also, what is causing the
> system to behave so weirdly in the hung state that it enters? (And is
> there any other way to get it back?)

There should be some scripts (try looking in /etc/apm/, not familiar w.
mdk) that do the apm handling - some lines like

echo "checkpoint XXX, script $0" >> /tmp/apmlog

at strategic points in those scripts should give you a feel for what's going
on. The ignore apm on AC setting is probably implemented there, if it's
implemented at all. Also, make sure that your apm scripts are killing off
any processes that might pin those modules (the modem sounds suspicious -
probably the modem pins a module that can't cope w. a suspend-resume cycle).

As to why it's weird - it's APM - afaict, no two vendors ever implement
it quite the same, and no one ever does it 'to the spec'. I don't know
how to fix it - I have similar(ish) problems with hibernate, but not
suspend. So far. I hope.

--
Manual? We've just been pushing buttons til it works...