[ltp] Mousepin troubles after suspend/sleep/hibernate

James Holden linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 8 May 2002 09:52:20 +0100

Morning Zeimot!

I'm having similar problems on my 600X! I posted to the list but nobody seemed
to have a clue.... To be honest, I haven't really got round to looking into it
in any depth yet. I'm also running Mdk 8.2, and it never happenned in 8.0.
The symptoms I get are similar, in that I can't left-drag, but it mysteriously
corrects itself after some random amount of time! Restarting the X server
doesn't fix it.

James

Quoting ZeiMoT <zeimot@astrakan.hig.se>:

> Hi all,
>
> Spec: Thinkpad R30, Mandrake 8.2
> I have no trouble entering sleep mode nor returning from it when pressing
> the Fn-button.
> The same goes for hibernation, it works perfectly (even though I would've
> prefered a faster mem >> hd time and vice versa)
> Suspend seems to be the same as sleep...
>
> Some 10 seconds after returning from either one of them the dragging
> ability of the left mouse button refuses to work. I will send only a click
> when I release it, and nothing while holdning it down. The middle mouse
> button dragging still works though.
>
> If I switch between suspend and unsuspend a couple of times (random amount
> of times) the drag function will work again. This is very annoying.
> Rebooting X (KDM included) solves the dragging problem too.. :(
>
> I have another mouse problem that seems to happen on random. When it
> happens the drawn mousepointer is drawn about 20-40px to the right of the
> logical mousepionter. When that happens no X-reboot will help. The ony
> thing that helped was to shutdown and coldboot the machine.
>
> Anyone else with an R30 that has got a similar problem?
>
> How do I 'debug' these problems, ideas ?
>

>   -=< ZeiMoT >=-

>     /              zeimot@astrakan.hig.se               \

James Holden, Leeds, United Kingdom
james-at-microcosmos.co.uk
In a world without boundaries, who needs Gates?