[ltp] Success: Hibernation

Edi Weitz linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
10 May 2002 17:59:39 +0200

Geert Janssen <geert@watson.ibm.com> writes:

> Thanks for the tip about hibernation.  I followed your instructions
> on my T23.  Although "stndalhd.txt" says that it does not support
> the NTFS file system of Win 2k, somehow "stndalhd.exe" worked for
> me. It creates a C:\SAVE2DSK.BIN file (in my existing NTFS /dev/hda1
> partition) and now hibernation works win Win 2K as well as in Linux
> RH7.2.

It even works with NTFS? That's good to know.

> You forgot to mention that "stndalhd.exe" is a self extracting
> archive.  So better extract first and create the extracted files on
> a floppy.  And then use that floppy to reboot.

On my machine (with W2k) starting stndalhd.exe opened a DOS window (or
whatever they call it nowadays) which prompted me to insert a diskette
(and then automatically created the bootable diskette). You just have
to make sure that the path where stndalhd.exe lives doesn't contain
whitespace. (This is somewhat hidden in the README file.)

Best regards,
Edi.