[ltp] SuSE 8.0 on TP 600E *beware*

Boyan linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 11 May 2002 12:49:43 +0200 (CEST)

hallo,

On Fri, 10 May 2002, Emilio Recio wrote:

> walt wrote:
> > This has not been fun.
> >
> > 1)  Upgrade from 7.3 to 8.0 went smoothly, except that my wireless card would
>
> You should know never to run *.0 releases ;) especially SuSE's,
> they're real bad. In fact suse's been nothing but headaches for me
> from the get go.

My opinion is just the opposite to yours. I was astonished with the
speed and ease of installation of suse 8.0 on tp 600x. Apart from
partitioning I did not have to make any choice at installation time,
everything was automatically recognised. After half an hour the system
was up and fully operational with perfect graphic with great
antialiasing fonts (no X crashes and no need for additional lines in
XF86config to account for the neomagic card), sound, hibernation plus
video (aviplay and xtheater).

Regards,
Boyan

 Did you try RH 7.3?