[ltp] Display is more than full size

Thomas Black linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 15 May 2002 12:59:51 -0500

I'm having an enormous problem with a 365xd (DSTN display)
Keep in mind that I'm a newbie and I formatted Windows98 for this.

I'm dualbooting Redhat and OS/2 (v3).
OS2 shows up the correct size on my screen.

Redhat 7.2 using kde or Gnome both display at somewhere around 150% of
screen size.
My resolution is set to 640X480 8 bit.
I can see the top left part of the screen,  but the rest is beyond the
borders of the monitor.
There is a comparative example below.
I've used Xconfigurator and tested dozens of different setups.
I've also tried a few config files I found on the net for 365xd's but they
don't fix and frequently make the problem worse.

_______________
|                                  |
|           screen           |
|                 @             |