[ltp] TP A22e

James Holden linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 16 May 2002 09:46:42 +0100

I have to admit that I'm unclear on what the sensors do exactly, having been
advised all over the place never to touch them with a bargepole.

I compiled ACPI support into a recent kernel one late night and was able to
read all sorts of 'sensed' info via /proc from the hardware, eg: CPU
temperature. I was planning to use ACPI instead of APM, but the userspace tools
didn't seem mature enough/didn't work as I expected.

James

--
James Holden, Leeds, United Kingdom
james-at-microcosmos.co.uk