[ltp] Washington Post article Linux on TP600

David Margrave linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 22 May 2002 11:43:37 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I'm hardly concerned that some computer column guy who has never
touched anything non-MS has a bit of trouble with linux.

What I'm more interested in is how you got the suspend/resume working
flawlessly.  Did you use the tpctl utilites or whatever?  I kind of lost
steam after getting the modem, ALSA, and the lucent wireless card working.
I still need to tune the HD sleep interval (I think using tpctl and not
hdparm), and also get suspend/resume working.  That would be great.

I've put so much work into this that I don't want to upgrade to a newer
version of RH and go through it all again!  I have a TP600 with an upgrade
to 20GB HD and 288 MB memory.  I bought it used within the warranty
period.  It has been back to IBM twice, but since then, no problems.