[ltp] Washington Post article Linux on TP600

Walter Francis linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 23 May 2002 14:12:52 -0400

James Holden wrote:

> The sound has never been a problem. I'm using ALSA. I'd send my modules.conf but
> I'm working on a different PC now. (My TP is at work capturing packets from my
> errant netware box!)

Would you please?  If not to the list, send directly to me..  I've tried at
least three times to get Alsa working on my TP600E and I never seem to get
the modules.conf stuff straight or something..  Not sure what the deal is..
  Mostly the fact that I'm not absolutely sure which modules I need to load,
etc..

I'd love to be able to suspend my machine more, but the sound and wlan card
get in the way..  I can seem to get down, but getting back up sound
sometimes is out, etc.. using OSS drivers.  I really, really hate halting my
laptop because it has a problem with detecting ram, it doesn't see one of my
ram modules half the time so I have to keep turning it on and off... :(

I need to send it in anyway, my trackpoint died on me a couple of weeks ago
and it seriously sucks packing a mouse around.

--
Walter Francis
http://theblackmoor.net                  Powered by Red Hat Linux 7.2