[ltp] Strange problem with (?) Mozilla

Edi Weitz linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
26 May 2002 22:51:42 +0200

Thanks to all who replied.

It turned out that it was an IRQ problem. I now have used the BIOS to
completely disable IRQ sharing and the problem seems to be
gone. (That's why I waited a couple of days before I posted this. It's
almost a week now and I haven't encountered the bug since.)

Just for the record:

1. It wasn't only Mozilla, I was able to trigger the bug with
   Konqueror, too.

2. As I mentioned in another mail, the problem also happened with
   SuSE, so it wasn't related to Gentoo or my particular kernel.

2. I think it was the NIC conflicting with the USB mouse.

3. Switching from eepro100 to e100 (as provided by Intel) as some
   suggested didn't solve the problem.

Thanks again,
Edi.