[ltp] T23 internal 802.11b wireless adapter

Bjorn Knutsson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 01:10:20 -0400

On 28 May 2002 23:11, Eric Nichols wrote:
> Does anyone know of any documentation for configuring the built-in
> 802.11b adapter under linux on a T23 -4NU model? There some references
> on the Linux on Laptops site but nothing seems to work.

I just installed linux-wlan-ng-0.1.13 (configured for PCI), put

alias wlan0 prism2_pci

in my modules.conf, modified /etc/wlan.conf to match my local network,
add /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 with appropriate
entries and now I only have to run '/etc/rc.d/init.d/wlan start'. This
should be enough, I think, but I need to run DHCP manually to get an
address.

Works like a charm except when I suspend. Then I need to unload and
reload the module to get things going again.

/Björn