[ltp] Sensors still an issue?

Boyan linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 11:06:54 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

for a year now I am using linux on my tp 600x and it works beautifully.
Apart from the fan, which is running non-stop no matter what. It would
be nice to have a behaviour similar to windows, where the fan is most
of the time off. I conjecture this is due to the temperature measures
of the sensors. Until now I abstained from using the 'sensors' package,
because of the warnings in the Internet.

Does someone know if the new lm_sensors2 are still deadly for the
tp600x, or the issue has been somewhat resolved?

Regards,
Boyan