[ltp] Getting my docking station fixed..

Robert Hollis linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 14:15:21 -0500

If you have a meter then just check the power to CD S/B +5vdc and +12vdc.
If those are OK then just swap in another CDrom drive.  In this respect it
is just like a desktop.

Robert Hollis
630-573-7383 (T/L 677)
e-mail - vdrlholl@us.ibm.com

IBM
2707 Butterfield Rd.
Oak Brook, IL.  60523

                      Ravi Pratap M
                      <ravi@ximian.com>            To:       Linux Thinkpad <linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com>
                      Sent by:                     cc:
                      owner-linux-thinkpad@        Subject:  [ltp] Getting my docking station fixed..
                      bm-soft.com

                      05/30/02 12:25 PM
                      Please respond to
                      linux-thinkpad

Hi guys,

             I have a Thinkpad 570E and the companion docking station. It
turned out
that a while back I managed to hose it and the CD ROM drive on it
refuses to work [no lights blinking etc etc]. I am pretty sure I plugged
all cables in and checked that I was not being daft so I guess it's time
to get it fixed.

             Would anybody know where I can get it repaired for something
which
doesn't cost a fortune ? I am quite sure the problem is only with the
CDROM drive, not the docking station but whatever ...

             Thanks in advance.

             Regards,

                         Ravi