[ltp] Sensors still an issue?

Vivek linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 00:35:42 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Richard Neill wrote:

> I understand that Mandrake deliberately "break" KDE in such a way as not
> to have sensors-detect as a dependency. In 8.1/8.2, it is not installed
> by default.
> However, I assume you could always install it (by rpm), then just delete
> (or replace with something harmless) the binary file. That means that
> RPM would be none the wiser :-)

This would have the nasty side effect of creating a time bomb: Next time
there was a KDE update, you'd end up with a dangerous sensors-detect
again. Does rpm have the 'provides' and 'conflicts' fields, (cf deb) ?
If so, you could inserta dummy package that would keep sensors-detect
from being installed, but keep the dependency checker happy.