[ltp] Imformation

Pam Huntley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:53:41 -0500

Hi,

Just about any external mouse will work, you need to look at your ThinkPad
and check the ports.  Old ThinkPads don't have USB, some newer ThinkPads
don't have PS/2, so take that into consideration when shopping.

If you really want an IBM option, the mice for personal systems are listed
here:
http://www.pc.ibm.com/us/accessories/keyboards.html

As far as connecting to the internet (I think that's what you're asking),
the typical places to try are your local phone company or cable company,
although depending where you live, other options might also be available.
Personally, I have cable modem at home, it works great and is fast.  Prior
to that I used Bellsouth dialup, with a second phone line so that I could
have a 24-7 connection, it worked ok, but was slow.  DSL might also be an
option in your area, it's also faster than a dialup connection.  I wouldn't
recommend aol or msn as they are difficult at best to get to work under
Linux.

Pam

                      Bert Haskins
                      <bhaskins@triton.net>               To:       linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-t        Subject:  Re: [ltp] Imformation
                      hinkpad.org

                      11/02/2002 08:48 PM
                      Please respond to
                      linux-thinkpad

Best Buy has a IBM black! optical mouse (usb or ps2 ).
Works great.
-- Bert