[ltp] External screen on a R30 with RH8.0

Patric HAGMANN linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 05 Nov 2002 13:08:12 +0100

Hi,
I have a thinkpad R30 on which I have installed a dual boot (Red Hat 8.0
and winXP).
I tried to plug an external screen on it but under RH8.0 the function
keyboard combination (Fn-F7) does not work. So I cannot switch to an
external screen.

Has anyone of you sorted a similar problem.
Here below is my XF86Config.

Many Thanks,
Patric

NB: Under winXP the external screen works fine.

*******************XF86Config******************
# File generated by anaconda.

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Anaconda Configured"
    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
    InputDevice    "Mouse1" "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

Section "Files"
# The location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
    RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
    FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
    Load  "dbe"
    Load  "extmod"
    Load  "fbdevhw"
    Load  "dri"
    Load  "glx"
    Load  "record"
    Load  "freetype"
    Load  "type1"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
#    Option    "AutoRepeat"    "500 5"
# when using XQUEUE, comment out the above line, and uncomment the
# following line
#    Option    "Protocol"    "Xqueue"
# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
#    Option    "Xleds"        "1 2 3"
# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
#    Option    "XkbDisable"
# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#    Option    "XkbModel"    "pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#    Option    "XkbModel"    "microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#    Option    "XkbLayout"    "de"
# or:
#    Option    "XkbLayout"    "de"
#    Option    "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
#    Option    "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:swapcaps"
    #Option    "XkbOptions"    ""
    Identifier  "Keyboard0"
    Driver      "keyboard"
    Option        "XkbRules" "xfree86"
    Option        "XkbModel" "pc102"
    Option        "XkbLayout" "fr_CH"    #Option    "XkbVariant"    ""
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse0"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option        "Protocol" "PS/2"
    Option        "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option        "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    Option        "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option        "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option        "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    Option        "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
    Option        "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection