[ltp] Filesystem choice?

Wed, 6 Nov 2002 08:49:39 +0100

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 10:47:29 -0500, Dean L. Hedin wrote:
> I here ya,  on my 600e RH7.1 I have ext2 along with the noflushd
> utility and it is quiet as a sleeping baby at idle.   On my new laptop
> I am running RH 7.3 with ext3.  and the constant access is irritating.
> I read somewhere that noflushd won't work with ext3.

Noflushd is only usefull with ext2. The journaling file systems bypass
the Linux write cache to write the journal so there is nothing that
noflushd can do to stop those filesystems from writing to disk.

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG