[ltp] Filesystem choice?

Michael Selway linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:28:28 +0000

Tod Harter writes:
 > ...resume is NEVER
 > 100% reliable in linux to my knowledge, so that is itself a good enough
 > reason.

I've been running linux on various thinkpads for 5 years now and
I've always managed to make suspend/resume 100% reliable.

Having said that, my T21 which I've had for a year now is not
(yet) 100% reliable - it will fail to resume around once or twice
a month with daily use.  But I consider this a bug and I'm trying
hard to fix it by adjusting settings - this is taking a looong
time because the testing cycle is so long.

But don't aim for mediocre!  Suspend/resume should work ALL the
time.

Michael.