[ltp] Filesystem choice?

Wed, 6 Nov 2002 11:45:43 +0100

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 10:28:28 +0000, Michael Selway wrote:
> Tod Harter writes:
>  > ...resume is NEVER
>  > 100% reliable in linux to my knowledge, so that is itself a good enough
>  > reason.
>
> I've been running linux on various thinkpads for 5 years now and
> I've always managed to make suspend/resume 100% reliable.
>
> Having said that, my T21 which I've had for a year now is not
> (yet) 100% reliable - it will fail to resume around once or twice
> a month with daily use.  But I consider this a bug and I'm trying
> hard to fix it by adjusting settings - this is taking a looong
> time because the testing cycle is so long.
>
> But don't aim for mediocre!  Suspend/resume should work ALL the
> time.

I also consider suspend(hibernation)/resume as 100% reliable. There are
only very few exceptions. The last time my 765L froze after resume, it
detected the ethernet PCMCIA card and popped up my hand made selector
where I can select what network configuration I want to use and froze
_after_ that. I think this has something to do with the NFS mounts that
where active at this moment, however the mounts where only local and
not through a network. But since I already had problems with resume and
smbfs/NFS before I just put the blame on NFS. :-) My TP had worked a
few months with may suspend(hibernation)/resume cycles without
rebooting.

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG