[ltp] Filesystem choice?

Richard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 12:19:38 +0000 (GMT)

If you want help...I have a much shorter test cycle.

My A22p used to fail about once per month to resume. It now fails about 1
time in 3 (It seems that the HDD doesn't spin up). So I don't let it
suspend anymore - I just turn off the screen (fn-F3) at night.

I did try apm -s and redirecting Stdout/stderr to a file in case there
were any error messages generated that I couldn't see. But that didn't
work.

I'm now short of ideas (and expertise), but if you want to tell me what to
do, I will willingly use my TP as a guinea-pig.

I have one more idea - Alt-SysRq does respond - is there any way to add
functionality to that key binding to offer any of:

	Alt-Sysrq-key1 -> Take me to a text console, as root, and *give
			me the keyboard focus*

	Alt-Sysrq-key2 -> kill the Xserver

	Alt-Sysrq-key3 -> Kill whatever process is hogging the CPU

	Alt-Sysrq-key4 -> Re-initialise as much of the hardware as
			possible.

(I'm using unmodified Mandrake 8.2, btw)

Best wishes

Richard