[ltp] Filesystem choice?

Richard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 13:52:04 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Tilmann Singer wrote:

> * Richard <rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk> [20021106 12:21]:
> > My A22p used to fail about once per month to resume. It now fails about 1
> > time in 3 (It seems that the HDD doesn't spin up). So I don't let it
> > suspend anymore - I just turn off the screen (fn-F3) at night.
> [...]
>
> Sounds like the errors I've seen on my A20p after upgrading the kernel
> to 2.4.19. I remember reading somewhere that this is a known error in
> that kernel, went back to 2.4.18 and everything was fine again.
>
> > (I'm using unmodified Mandrake 8.2, btw)
> [...]
>
> What kernel version is it - what does "uname -a" say?

Linux toffee-pecan.baddiant.org.uk 2.4.18-6mdk #1 Fri Mar 15 02:59:08 CET 2002 i686 unknown

This is the regualr Mdk kernel as supplied. The only "modification" (if it
makes any difference) is to always manually insmod the modem drivers for
the luent modem on bootup. The following is in my rc.local

-------
#Now sort the modem..
  echo "Insert Modem modules, and link it."
  insmod lt_modem
  insmod lt_serial
  ln -s /dev/tts/LT0 /dev/modem
--------