[ltp] Filesystem choice?

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 09:57:17 -0500

On Wednesday 06 November 2002 05:28 am, Michael Selway wrote:
> Tod Harter writes:
>  > ...resume is NEVER
>  > 100% reliable in linux to my knowledge, so that is itself a good enough
>  > reason.
>
> I've been running linux on various thinkpads for 5 years now and
> I've always managed to make suspend/resume 100% reliable.
>
> Having said that, my T21 which I've had for a year now is not
> (yet) 100% reliable - it will fail to resume around once or twice
> a month with daily use.  But I consider this a bug and I'm trying
> hard to fix it by adjusting settings - this is taking a looong
> time because the testing cycle is so long.
>
> But don't aim for mediocre!  Suspend/resume should work ALL the
> time.

Well, generally I upgrade the OS on my machine at least once, and usually
twice, a year (because I do development and need latest and greatest linux
goodies) so by the time all the bugs are worked out its on to the next kernel
version and the process starts over again. I'd say its hardly worth the
effort, especially with Reiserfs in there, its not like I ever loose a file
if it hangs on resume...