[ltp] Reliable Suspend/Resume (Was:Filesystem choice?)

Zinx Verituse linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 13:49:53 -0600

More on this.. I have a Thinkpad 600e, running Linux 2.4.19 and
debian unstable, and I've had reliable hibernate/resume cycles for
about a month now..

I was having problems with Linux locking processes in the 'D'
state when they tried to read certain files (but not all) off
the disk -- the one which always locked on this system was 'which',
but I have no idea how it makes the determination of which files to
not read :)

I noticed the computer also locked during the boot process sometimes,
while loading the mwavem module -- So I decided to only load this
module when I needed it, and all seems to be well now -- No 'D' state
processes when booting or resuming.

I have only loaded the mwavem driver manually two times, so I can't
tell if it's still prone to locking when running manually (during less
disk access.. I don't know :) )

The only problem I have with hibernate now is my thinkpad decides to not
detect all 128mb of RAM sometimes, thus not being able to resume until it
does, and that's not directly related to hibernate :)  (If anyone has any
ideas on this, I'd be appeciative.. I've reseated the RAM several times
now, and it seems to have no effect -- Also, I have no problems once the
computer is actually running.  Some time, I'll try seeing how much Linux
detects when booting with the 32mb less RAM)

--
Zinx Verituse