[ltp] Reliable Suspend/Resume (Was:Filesystem choice?)

Richard Griffith linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 07 Nov 2002 08:17:33 -0500

Michael Selway wrote:

> I don't have a 2.4.9 kernel source to hand at the moment, but in
> 2.4.18, the CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS setting is ignored when you boot
> a thinkpad, as is the kernel boot time options no-allow-ints and
> allow-ints.  If you see a message during boot saying
>
>   IBM machine detected. Enabling interrupts during APM calls

FWIW using a stock redhat 8.0 2.4.18-14 on my 760XD, there is no such
message issued. I've heard that message quoted before, but never tracked
down why it doesn't show up here (is it RedHat, or this antique TP?)
But, with the apm=allow_ints, it has been 100% reliable.

Also, although I didn't put much stock in the comment, I do recall one
individual swearing that removing the forced setting made by the IBM
detection solved his problems. Obviously though, not all thinkpads are
created equal ;)

Good luck,
-Richard