[ltp] Imformation

Tim Prince linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 05:39:14 -0800

On Friday 08 November 2002 05:13, Pam Huntley wrote:
> Tod wrote:
> >On Monday 04 November 2002 11:53 am, Pam Huntley wrote:
> >> I wouldn't
> >> recommend aol or msn as they are difficult at best to get to work under
> >> Linux.
> >
> >Uhhh, thats a massive understatement...
>
> Well, I didn't just want to say they didn't work, because last installfest
> there was a guy telling someone how to get MSN to work, it sounded like a
> multi-step process comprable to pulling teeth, and I never actually saw it
> working....    Also, I saw a beta of AOL on Linux, provided by AOL,
Early versions of AOL worked under wine to some extent.  If you go back in
the news a few weeks, you will see that AOL continues to deny that they have
supported this, although a vendor of enhanced wine derivatives claimed they
did get support from AOL.  AOL's sudden realization that they might need to
reinstate customer service as part of their product plan doesn't go that far.

--
Tim Prince