[ltp] Imformation

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 09:33:30 -0500

I didn't mean to imply there would never be support for Linux, or that it was
'impossible' to support Linux, just that there is nothing even remotely
approaching a tool you can just install that gives you access to either
network. In principle I'm sure its no harder than writing a protocol stack
and some tools so you can exchange packets (assuming they don't use something
that has already been developed, I have no idea what MSN uses). And then of
course writing/porting clients.  I'd totally forgotten about that AOL "beta"
for Linux they had, but it seems like it went away pretty fast. Anyway, it
would be nice if AOL supported Linux. In fact an AOL distribution OF Linux
makes perfect sense to me!