[ltp] Modem in Thinkpad T30

IBM ThinkPad linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:43:03 +0100 (CET)

On 11 Nov 2002, iscp1072 wrote:

> Hi, I installed Redhat 8.0 in my Thinkpad T30 last week. But the modem
> in the laptop does not work. According to Redhat 8.0 User manual, I use
> network configuration tool provided by Redhat to install the driver. But
> the modem does not work. what should I do?

A common 'workaround' is to buy a PCMCIA modem. But beware that your
PCMCIA modem card is no 'WinModem'. The Intel RM56G modem works great for
my machine under Linux - plug & play.

For some info about WinModems and the modem problematic, take a look at my
page http://www.axu.de/steff/ - it is for the R31 and contains some links
and info that may help you (especially the link to
http://www.linmodems.org/).

Best wishes,

 Steph