[ltp] How?: Trackpoint USB keyboard in linux

Boyan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:00:42 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On 31 Oct 2002, Rob Mayoff wrote:

> You don't need to tell X about the keyboard.  The USB keyboard driver in
> Linux passes keyboard events to the PS/2 keyboard driver, which passes
> them along as standard keyboard events.
>
> Try plugging in your keyboard, then running "dmesg | tail".  What
> does it say?

In order to type this command I need a keyboard and the USB is still dead.
So I plugged now after X has already started the PS/2 keyboard as well and
here is the output of dmesg, but no USB there:

IPv6 over IPv4 tunneling driver
PCI: Found IRQ 5 for device 00:07.5
PCI: Sharing IRQ 5 with 00:0a.0
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [PCSPP,EPP]
parport_pc: Via 686A parallel port: io=0x378
lp0: using parport0 (polling).
lp0: compatibility mode
keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?(f4)
eth0: no IPv6 routers present
keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?(f4)

Regards,
Boyan