[ltp] Questions about 560x Model

Aaron J. Enright linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:46:58 -0600 (CST)

> And .. while I'm at it ... does anyknow know the specs for
> the PCMCIA config options? Do I need just cardbus, or another
> choice there? I'm buying a netcard soon .. but, I do not know
> which models will work best with the TP ... Advice?

For what it's worth, I am using an SMC EZ Card 10/100 (model # SMC8041TX)
NIC on my 560x and Debian Woody automacigally recognized and configured it
without a hitch.  In other distros I had to edit /etc/pcmcia/config to get
it to work.  So much for Debian being difficult ;)

cheers
-aaron

--
The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue.
	-Dorothy Parker