[ltp] serial port toast?

David Arthur Wainberg linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
16 Nov 2002 13:36:22 -0500

Thanks for the help!

I reinstalled the firmware and still no go. Also noticed that ps2 ? irq
gives the same "internal memory error" as ps2 sera on. I tried disabling
in ps2 anything I don't use (imodem, ir, jstick, etc), but it made no
difference.

Also ran IBM's PC Doc hardware diagnostics -- no probs found.

Seems to me that since the problem shows up in PS2, it's a lower level
problem than OS/sofware configuration. Must be firmware or hardware,
right? So I'm stuck.

Is reinstalling the firmware really a fresh start, or are there settings
or states that will linger? If so, any way to reset? a secret button to
push? a battery to remove?

Thanks Much,

--D