[ltp] T30, RH8 and X

Pam Huntley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:19:38 -0500

Hi,

Thomas is right, we would need the -XXX after the 2366 (found on the bottom
of the box) to determine which exact video card/TFT is in the system.

Regarding the "Tim Roberts" driver, Tim does work on the S3 chipsets
drivers, so it wouldn't help you on the T30, which uses ATI.

I have a 2366-52u which will run in 1400x1050, in order to get X to show
1400x1050, I had to run redhat-config-xfree86 (Red Hat 8.0 only), and make
sure that the monitor section was set to a Generic Laptop Display Panel
1400x1050 (the video card shows up as an ATI Radeon Mobility 7500).  Then I
could select the default resolution of 1400x1050, otherwise it was grayed
out (It thought it was a 1024x768 TFT panel).

Perhaps that will help.

Pam

|---------+--------------------------------------->
|         |           Mitch Pirtle                |
|         |           <mitch.pirtle@kuehne-nagel.c|
|         |           om>                         |
|         |           Sent by:                    |
|         |           linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-t|
|         |           hinkpad.org                 |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |           11/18/2002 04:18 AM         |
|         |           Please respond to           |
|         |           linux-thinkpad              |
|         |                                       |
|---------+--------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                           |
  |       To:       linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org                                                         |
  |       cc:                                                                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Re: [ltp] T30, RH8 and X                                                                  |
  |                                                                                                           |
  |                                                                                                           |

The exact model of my T30 is 'Type 2366'.  I hope that is what you are
looking
for.

VGA adapter (as detected and shown in /proc/pci):
             ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M7 LW (rev 0)

And apologies in advance for what is surely a FAQ, but just what exactly is
'Tim Roberts driver', and where am I to look for it?  The linux-laptop
website apparently ain't the right place...

-- Mitch