[ltp] Thinkpad 770X (9549-71U) display shift?

Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:19:04 +0100

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 11:59:34 -0500, Charles E Taylor IV wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:16:44 -0500
> "Bernard Fay" <bernard.fay@cognicase.ca> wrote:
>
> > Try xvidtune. That should fix the problem.
>
> That was my first thought.  However, no matter whether I slide the screen
> "left" or "right", the screen flickers a bit and reappears exactly the
> same place it did before -a couple of pixels too far to the left.
>
> Hitting Fn-F8 puts the screen where it ought to be.

I have noticed this behaviour on a Toshiba Sattelite with an ATI Rage
Mobility M1 IIRC. Changing to the CRT and back to LCD gives the right
position. Before that, it was a few lines too high with some black
lines at the bottom. However, this only worked when a CRT was attached.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG