[ltp] Mandrake 9 - Thinkpad 600e - Sound Working Now

Kyle Hamar linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:53:37 -0600

># cat /etc/modules.conf
>
>probeall usb-interface usb-uhci
>above snd-cs4232 snd-pcm-oss
>options cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9
>alias sound-slot-0 sb
>options sound dmabuf=1
>alias synth0 opl3
>options opl3 io=0x388
>options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 mpu_io=0x330 acer=1
>
>Worked like a charm.Loudest and clearest ever.
>Good luck

This corrected my problem in ML9... well almost. Under GNOME I had to turn
on sound support in Configuration>GNOME>Sound
KMidi still reports "no output device" but Sound Recorder will play files
and the mixer appears to work. The microphone does not however.

As I write this I wonder if all my other failed attempts would have been
more successful if I had found this GNOME switch sooner.

Thank you!
Kyle